Thursday, November 25, 2010

Practicing Taiji - Magic Moments

I have learned and practiced Taiji for almost 10 years with different teachers and groups of Taiji enthusiasts. Initially I was attracted to Taiji by its graceful movements and potential health benefits. Later, I was also fascinated by Taiji principles and philosophy. Looking back, here are some positive impact and magic moments I have experienced:

Story 1 - My Ankle
I broken my ankle last year. After a few months of rest, I started Taiji practice again. During the practice, I felt a warm air or blood flow went from the leg to the injured ankle. The ankle was warm and became more flexible. There was no pain but warm feeling.

Story 2 - Pressure Relieve
A fellow partitioner told us that she had stomach problem. Every Saturday during the group practice, she could feel her stomach was lifted slightly which relieved the pressure to the lower abdomen. It was a good feeling.

Story 3 - Feeling Great
Amy, who has practiced Taiji for 8 years, told me a story few weeks ago. A Taiji beginner asked Amy to help her practice Taiji 24. During the practice, Amy experienced the great feeling of completing the entire form in a continuous flow. She never had that feeling before. It is from that moment, she realized the impact of years of Taiji practice.

Story 4 - Complete Relaxation
I spend 12+ hours working and commute during the week. I don't feel completely relaxed by Saturday morning. I wake up early. We practice Taiji in the park as a group. After the practice, I can feel my entire mind and body are completed relaxed. The nap I usually take on Saturday afternoon is the most relaxing nap.

I am sure there are many interesting stories and magic moments out there. As I collect them, I will share them with you.

Keep up the practice!

No comments: